We design and implement benefits strategies and plans that improve population health, measurably slow the growth of healthcare costs, enhance employee communication, and ease administration for the HR team.
HEALTH & WELFARE BENEFITS
We capture raw claim, demographic and utilization data in the BenRx Analytics Engine. We drill deep to find “data discoveries” that will save you money, get people healthy, help them stay healthy and improve productivity.
We forecast where your highest benefits claims are likely to occur – in time to make a difference. We help ensure that those who need the most attention get the care they need, when and where they need it.
We design, implement, and manage detailed custom strategies and benefits plans that control costs and deliver maximum ROI. 5-year average annual medical cost increases for BenRx clients are 86% lower than the national average.
WHY WE’RE DIFFERENT. WHY WE’RE BETTER.
Our benefits consultancy combines the attention of a small firm with the sophistication and resources of a large one, with exponentially better results. We know where the money is hidden and we find it. We know that starting with a sound strategy works, but that on-going management of an effective strategy drives superior results. We are driven by data and a passion to accomplish big things for our clients. In a complex world of health and welfare benefits, we are a strategic and operational extension of the corporate HR department. Read our Promise and see how our data capabilities control costs while offering a smarter benefits package to more engaged employees.
READ THE BENRX PROMISE
WHY WE LOVE DATA AND HOW WE MAKE IT WORK FOR YOU
MEET THE LEADERSHIP TEAM
PAUL SHUMWAY, CEBS, GBDS
JEAN-PAUL (JP) PURDY, MBA, GBDS
Consulting Services Leader
WAYNE YINGLING, CEBS, PHR
Consultant and Business
TOM ZARECZNY, CEBS, REBC
OUR RECORD OF ACHIEVEMENT
- Delivered guaranteed hard-dollar health plan savings of $3.2M for a large not-for-profit client with no change in vendors
- Quantifiably improved population health based on real biometric results for the majority of our client’s covered population
- Negotiated a $1.1M refund for a health system client by detecting significant stop loss insurance underpayments and negotiating full restitution – with interest calculated at the clients “internal rate of return”
- Obtained stop loss premium reduction of $900K, along with improved contract terms, for a self-funded South Carolina public entity employer
- Negotiated $100K per year in carrier funding to support the cost of a client’s annual biometric screening of employees during open enrollment for four years
- Reduced unfunded post-employment and retirement liability for a North Carolina employer by $20M
BENRX IN ACTION
SEE HOW WE TACKLE PROBLEMS AND GET AMAZING RESULTS.
CASE STUDY 1
Fixing a broken plan.
CASE STUDY 2
Improving employee health, controlling costs.
CASE STUDY 3
Rural Health System
Applying “accountable care organization” principles to cut costs, improve quality.
WHAT OTHERS HAVE TO SAY
“Always two steps ahead! Everyone at BenRx stands in anticipation of the client’s needs. They know our challenges before we do. Would put them up against any of the Top Five large firms. They are greater than or equal to any of them.”
F.G. Little, Director of Human Resources
Mission Health System
Asheville, North Carolina
“BenRx gives new meaning to ‘due diligence.'”
S. Pollack, CEO
Community Eyecare Plan
“It is clear you put them (potential health benefits TPAs) through the wringer before you put them in front of us. Thank you.”
G. Baxley, Director of Managed Care
Lakeland Regional Health
To learn more about how we can improve health and productivity, engage employees, design better benefits, improve vendor relationships and control runaway costs, contact Paul Shumway today.