We design and implement benefits strategies and plans that improve population health, measurably slow the growth of healthcare costs, enhance employee engagement, and ease administration for the HR team.
HEALTH & WELFARE BENEFITS
We capture raw claim, demographic and utilization data in the BenRx Analytics Engine. We drill deep to find “data discoveries” that will save you money, get people healthy, help them stay healthy and improve productivity.
Utilizing the Johns Hopkins ACGTM system, we predict where your highest benefits claims are likely to occur and, utilizing evidence-based protocols, design benefits and programs to engage people in optimizing their health and healthcare cost.
Our focus on optimal health and productivity generates optimal results. In fact, the 5-year average medial trend rate for BenRx clients is 86% lower than the national average.
WHY WE’RE BETTER
In a complex world of health and welfare benefits, we provide clarity.
Driven by a passion to turn data into actionable information, we exist to help employers optimize their employee benefits investments, in large part by helping them optimize their population’s health.
By combining “big-firm” resources with the commitment and attention that only a small firm can provide, we deliver consistently superior results.
As a strategic and operational extension of our clients’ HR teams, we help them craft and then effectively execute sound strategies that include getting employees fully engaged in their health status, the benefits they receive, and their cost.
Our philosophy and values are embodied in our Client Promise.
WHY WE LOVE DATA AND HOW WE MAKE IT WORK FOR YOU
BENRX CLIENT PROMISE
In every relationship there’s a deal. Sometimes it is explicitly stated and codified, and at other times implied. No matter what form the deal takes, each partner makes a promise.
Here is our promise to you:
We will be accountable and at risk for producing results – just as you are. In so doing, we will:
- have a direct, meaningful, and sustainable impact on your cost,
- be strategically aligned with your mission, values, and culture,
- improve the relationship between you and your people, and
- make your life easier.
We will not jeopardize either the quality of our work or our reputation to make a quick buck. Compensation arrangements are upfront and transparent.
We will stay ahead of the curve with respect to key industry trends. We will help you do the same.
We will maintain strong relationships with key industry providers and your vendor partners. We will treat them fairly, objectively, consistently, and always with your interests first.
MEET THE LEADERSHIP TEAM
PAUL SHUMWAY, CEBS, GBDS
SANTIAGO LEON, JD
TOM ZARECZNY, CEBS, REBC
OUR RECORD OF ACHIEVEMENT
- Delivered guaranteed hard-dollar health plan savings of $3.2M for a large not-for-profit client with no change in vendors
- Quantifiably improved population health based on real biometric results for the majority of our client’s covered population
- Negotiated a $1.1M refund for a health system client by detecting significant stop loss insurance underpayments and negotiating full restitution – with interest calculated at the clients “internal rate of return”
- Obtained stop loss premium reduction of $900K, along with improved contract terms, for a self-funded South Carolina public entity employer
- Negotiated $100K per year in carrier funding to support the cost of a client’s annual biometric screening of employees during open enrollment for four years
- Reduced unfunded post-employment and retirement liability for a North Carolina employer by $20M
BENRX IN ACTION
SEE HOW WE TACKLE PROBLEMS AND GET AMAZING RESULTS.
CASE STUDY 1
Fixing a broken plan.
CASE STUDY 2
Improving employee health, controlling costs.
CASE STUDY 3
Rural Health System
Applying “accountable care organization” principles to cut costs, improve quality.
WHAT OTHERS HAVE TO SAY
“Always two steps ahead! Everyone at BenRx stands in anticipation of the client’s needs. They know our challenges before we do. Would put them up against any of the Top Five large firms. They are greater than or equal to any of them.”
F.G. Little, Director of Human Resources
Mission Health System
Asheville, North Carolina
“BenRx gives new meaning to ‘due diligence.'”
S. Pollack, CEO
Community Eyecare Plan
“It is clear you put them (potential health benefits TPAs) through the wringer before you put them in front of us. Thank you.”
G. Baxley, Director of Managed Care
Lakeland Regional Health
To learn more about how we can improve health and productivity, engage employees, design better benefits, improve vendor relationships and control runaway costs, contact Paul Shumway today.